Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Organic and all natural Mommy's to be..do you use nail polish?

my former doctor told me it was fine but i don't go to them anymore because i didn't feel safe so im not going to listen to them on this lol. i know there are some safe for the environment types but is it still safe for baby. and then remover is that safe?





im probably not going to use it anyway but i was just wondering how others feel about it. thanks!Organic and all natural Mommy's to be..do you use nail polish?
Three-free polishes are completely safe because they don't have the chemicals like dbp, toulene, and formaldehyde that are harmful for the baby. Brands without these chemicals include OPI, Revlon, China Glaze, Essie, Maybelline, and Lippmann, among many other in the link below.





Here are some guides to healthier polish and the harmful chemicals that are not in them:


http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2008/04/go鈥?/a>


http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2007/05/bi鈥?/a>





I'm not sure about nail polisher remover, but I'm sure that there are some eco- and baby-friendly types out there.





As for non three-free polishes that are safe, I suppose that they're okay for the baby, especially if your doctor told you so, but not the best. I'd go ahead with three-free polishes just in case, because it's better to be safe.





Hope that helps! Congratulations btw. :)Organic and all natural Mommy's to be..do you use nail polish?
I am not sure about the remover, but it's certainly not gonna cause major damage unless you work at a nail salon. I would suggest holding back on the manis and the pedis while you are pregnant unless some one you know or a nice (super clean) place does it because you can get a very dangerous infection from tools that are not cleaned properly ( a common practice in many salons.) You can get some good nail polish at target that is earth friendly but I would stick to a light shade. Being a mom I know that no polish lasts long enough to still look good when you finally get the chance to redo it.











PS if you do decide to do a home pedi get a pedi egg. They are inexpensive (like 8 bucks) and do an awesome job.
i think its ok while i was pregnant.. i died my hair 2 or 3 times and did my nails at the salon every 2 or 3 weeks the whole time my daughter was in the over lol........... so yes don't worry about it

No comments:

Post a Comment