regular nail polish not safe for babies they do have dogie polish which i have heard is good for babies as well as your petsIs it safe to use nail polish on my 15 month old granddaughter? I wouldn't think so?
there is some safe stuff out now - but the traditional stuff is toxic.
I would say no. Kids that age are still putting fingers in their mouths all the time. Swallowing chips of nail polish will not do her any good.
Besides that, nail polish looks ridiculous on a 15 mth old.
I'm glad you are there to look after the baby, because your son's girlfriend sounds immature.
I would remove the polish right away, wash her hands with soap and water, and tell your son's girlfriend not to do that again unless she wants a sick baby on her hands.
Nail Polish is toxic unless you are using the non toxic polish out lately and even then I'd check the contents. The nail bed is an excellent reciever of these toxins into the body. Anyone who says that nail polish is safe, even on adults nails is not considering how a build up of toxins over time can cause damage to the body.
I wouldn't allow my toddler to have nail polish on, however I don't believe that one time will cause any problems.
No....babies that age have a habbit of putting things in their mouth...especially their fingers. I would remove it then wash her hands very well.
It's totally safe....as long as she doesn't drink the polish or personally is allergic to it. It's not like it contains lead or anything. Your granddaughter is safe